Monday, January 16, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I've decided one New Years Resolution I've made this year is to update this a little more. Hopefully, I can keep it up!

On the weight loss side of things I hit my goal weight with Weight Watchers before Christmas. A total of 3 stone 2lb loss. I put on 5.5lb over the holidays! Back now to 3 stone off, 9st 9lb. I'm happy with that! The wonderful thing is that I am now free with Weight Watchers!

Beth is now 2 years and 4 months. She had a wonderful Christmas and the living room is chock a block with toys. Her favourite phrases at the moment are "I don't believe it!" and "Phew! That was close". I'm not sure where she got either phrase but they are so cute. Here is a picture of her in her nurses outfit she got off Gaggy for Christmas. She calls it her doctors outfit.

The big news with me is that I quit my job 2 months ago to follow my dream and become a writer. I am now on the last chapter of my novel Bleeker Avenue. I really disappear into it and when I come out it is hard to re-focus on my normal life. The cleaning and laundry were left for too long! Beth had been spending lots of time with her Dad and Gaggy but not much with me so at the weekend we spent a lot of time together just doing fun stuff like walking around shops and going to the library and museum. She loves the bubble car and the Vikings in the Museum. She calls them the "Bikings". Here is a photo of her in the Vikings exhibit. The museum here is very good and the staff are really friendly. 
I have to say I'm really proud of myself for the weight loss. This is the skinniest I've been since I started college 12 years ago. I feel better in myself too. I've more energy and I am generally happier. Here is a photo of Beth and me just before I headed off to a wedding on the 21st December. Fake tan again. It was one of those gradual tans that I had done in a beauty place. By day 3 I looked like an Oompa Loompa!

No comments:

Post a Comment