Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Good morning, from sunny Ireland!

Well, it's over, the play I mean. I had such fun and can't wait till the next time I have that opportunity. Being a single mum means I'm pretty much tied to the house after Beth goes to bed. She stays with her dad one night at the weekend, so the rest of the time I'm on my own. Luckily, my Mum is there for me if there's something I need to do. Of course, I wouldn't be asking her to do that every week (Mum babysat five nights last week, my brother did one). It was liberating to do something that was just for me.

Now, I'm back to normal. Sunday night I didn't really notice as my sister called over, but last night, I was really feeling stuck. It can get awfully lonely. Most of the time I don't notice it. I like to have the remote control to myself. I suppose I'm feeling it more because last week I had the chance to do something different. I forgot what it was like to do things in the evening. On the first day, I walked home at around 7pm, still bright, but with that definite evening feel to the air. It felt wonderful, like I was breaking the rules.

I'll have to go back to writing in the evenings, just to escape this trapped feeling.

Camp NaNo is now a week in and I've no word count to speak of. Going to try to change that today. I've drafted a few ideas on where I want to take the characters, but need to get writing. I want to finish Allie's Return by the end of April. My goal this year is to self-publish both Devil in the Clouds and Allie's Return. DITC could be on Amazon by June, AR by October. Then I'll leave myself free to start a brand new book in November's NaNoWriMo. Sounds straight forward, eh? Hmm...

Right, time to write :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment