Friday, March 22, 2013

Weight loss....AGAIN

When I started this blog, back in 2010, I was a good bit overweight, around the 13st mark (82kg) and at 5 foot 3 inches, it really showed. I hated going out or buying new clothes. I generally wasn't happy with how I looked but hadn't the will power to do anything about it. Then I saw this...
October 2010
I started Weight Watchers a week later and after about fourteen months I received my gold membership, which is reaching your goal weight and maintaining it. After ten months, I was happy with how I looked again and started to be complacent. That is why it took another four months to reach my goal.

At my 30th birthday, ten months after I started WW (40lb lost)
With my gold membership, I could have gone to meetings for free but I got lazy. Last April, weighing 9st 10lb, I stopped going. This was a bad idea because I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I can't simply have just one biscuit, sweet or crisp. I have to have the whole lot. I can't have anything sweet in the house at all, I'll just devour it.

So now, after nearly a year, I finally weighed myself again.... 10st 11lb! Yikes! All my clothes are tight on me again and I could kick myself for letting it go on so long. It's not so noticeable at the moment because I can wear baggy clothes for the bad weather but Summer is coming (in Ireland, Summer usually happens for a week in April, and that's it) and I've a wedding in three weeks!

So, here I go again... Homemade soups and low calorie snacks. No chocolate, alcohol or any sweets. It'll be a bland few weeks/months.
St. Patrick's Day, do you like the new fringe?
Starting weight: 10st 11lb
Goal: 10st (for the moment)

Today's Menu:
Low calorie yogurt and fruit
Homemade vegetable soup
Lasagna (Not exactly low fat but it'll balance out the day)

Feel free to pass on any low calorie snack ideas you have. There is a recipe for 3pp scones on my blog. I'll be baking them with Beth tomorrow.

2 comments: