Friday, October 18, 2013

Preparing for NaNoWriMo

Well, it's that time of year again. On the 1st of November, writers all over the world will get stuck in, trying to reach 50,000 words by November 30th. Last years NaNo was my first and I began Devil in the Clouds. This year, I have a new project. The working title is Allie's Return. At the moment, it is just a load of ideas, back story and possible hardships for the protagonist Allie.

She came to me while I was watching a movie, In The Land Of Women. I wasn't trying to think of anything, just watch the movie, but there she was, lying in bed, dying of a hangover while her boyfriend of five years stood at the door of the bedroom, breaking up with her. It's weird how characters can just jump into your head and take up residence for the duration. Closer to November, I'll post a synopsis. However, my stories always seem to take a different direction to the original plan. 

In other news, my fancy phone is broken again and, although I'm not totally lost without it, I do miss it for handiness. I can't check all my online accounts easily, like Twitter and Facebook. That might not be a bad thing, it means I'm getting more work done!

Beth started ballet lessons a few weeks ago. They'll have a Christmas Concert in December and I can't wait to see her on stage performing. I loved being on stage (acting, not dancing) and I hope she catches the bug :-)
Before her second lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment