Monday, February 2, 2015

Facebook Free February

I can't believe it is February already. Where did January go?? I'm trying to think of all the things we got up to during the month, but I'm feeling a bit boring! What did we do?

After a quick look through my phone photos, I've a better idea of where the month went!
We attended our first Panto, Jack and the Beanstalk. 

I went to She Stoops to Conquer in the Abbey, Dublin

As always, the set was amazing

The show was hilarious. Obviously, I didn't take any photos during the performance

We did a bit of baking. Frozen cupcakes, of course...

Bubbles!

Santa brought baby Sophie. Her fancy clothes were knitted by a family friend.

Beth started swimming lessons. The first one did not go well!!

We had lunch out one day after school for a treat
My little fighter. Doing great at kickboxing.

Beth is big into board games. I got her Monopoly Junior for Christmas. She would play it non-stop if I let her.

We had snow last week. We don't get much here on the east coast, but Beth enjoyed it anyway.
So, there's a few snapshots of our month. This month has started off a bit manic with me. I'm in charge of props for SONG's production of Sweeney Todd next week. There are A LOT of props for this musical. I have trawled the shops looking for 18th century items. I still don't have everything. There are painted handcuffs drying on my table at the moment and the sewing machine has been dragged out! I'll be taking loads of photos when we're up and running. I'm very excited, but also incredibly stressed!

Suppose I should explain my post title. I've been a little overwhelmed lately, with financial worries, writer's insecurities, parental inadequacies etc. I decided I needed to simplify my life. I'm not promoting a book at the moment, so I feel I can just take myself off Facebook for a month. On Saturday, I deactivated my Facebook account. I've been on it since 2007. Eight years! The first evening was fine. Yesterday, I kept picking up my phone to check out what's happening in the world and remembered, oh yeah, I can't... I thought I would feel like I was missing out on something. You know, like the feeling you got when younger and you weren't out on a Saturday night? Wondering what was going on, not wanting to miss all the gossip. BUT, I feel strangely lighter. My mind is more focussed. It was becoming an addiction. I beat cigarettes almost three years ago. I still miss them everyday, but I know I'll never go back. I don't want to be addicted to anything. It's not a good way to live your life. 

Now, I'm not saying I won't go back, but I am taking this month off. I'm not off the grid completely though. I'm still on Twitter and Instagram, please feel free to follow me. 

However, a problem might be that I haven't really told anyone what I've done. Some people may think I have deleted them as a friend. Hopefully, they'll read this and realise it's nothing personal ;-) or send me a text, the old fashioned way!

Here's to a Facebook Free February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment