Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Here we go with the NaNo again!

Agh, so it really has been forever since I updated this blog!! I’m going to blame the full time job for everything… Of course, I could have stayed up late after Beth had gone to bed and wrote. I could have used the time when she was at her Dad’s better. I could have (should have?) done so much more, but I became lazy. Well, that and I met someone.

Yes, after many years of non-starter relationships and exhausting online dating, I finally met someone. I was beginning to think I would never find anyone I could put up with on a daily basis (or someone who would put up with me!) or someone I could relax and have fun with. I wasn’t too bothered. I was happy enough on my own with Beth as my shadow and constant companion. However, it wasn’t to be.

We met at my new job last July, but didn’t start dating until October of last year. It’s been a full year and he hasn’t run for the hills screaming, so that’s a plus.

Down side to new relationships is the weight gain! Too many nights having a few drinks, a cozy takeaway, a shared jumbo pack of Dorito’s, it all adds up and it leads me back to where I was six years ago with my weight. Time to swat away the oreos and jellies and get back to healthy living. I have two stone to lose. It’s a long journey ahead, for sure.

The reason I’m back, by the way, is that I have decided to jump head first into NaNoWriMo again. I didn’t even attempt it last year, I was involved in another SONG show. With that, the full time job, being a full time single mammy and a new relationship, I didn’t feel like I needed any extra pressure. However, this year, I am determined to use my time in the evenings for good, not evil (sitting on my butt in front of the telly until I go to bed). So I’m sitting at my kitchen table and hoping after writing this a new story will burst forth. Even if it doesn’t though, I will still have made a start and that’s good enough for the first day.


And just to remind people, no, I’m not writing about you! My stories are purely fictitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment