Monday, December 30, 2019

That awkward time between Christmas and New Years

Do you find yourself at a loss during this weird time between Christmas and New Years? I find that I have too much time on my hands. I eat constantly. The house is covered in goodies and I have no will power whatsoever. Although, I have one more day of this and it's done. Come January 1st I shall be going dry and vegan for the month.

Dry January is a big thing now. I suppose people want to detox after the excesses of Christmas. I know I need to. I had way too much wine over the whole month! I have had a dry January for the last 3/4 years and enjoyed it. I usually only drink on Friday nights so it's not too hard to knock that on the head. Previously, I've had company on the dry journey, but not this year. I'll have to occupy my time creatively on Fridays.

Vegan January (or Veganuary) is a new enough concept for me. Until a few years ago I would have scoffed at the idea of giving up meat. I loved nothing more than steak or bacon. Now however, I don't eat beef, pork or poultry. I might have fish once or twice a year, but it doesn't have the same joy it once did. I was vegan for the month last January and it was HARD, but I enjoyed the challenge. Didn't lose a pound in weight (that was disappointing), but I felt good. More energy. Of course, I was taking supplements just in case.

So that is one plan for the New Year - a boring sensible one 😏

I have a few goals for 2020 (not resolutions):
Read more books (as always)
Write (ditto)
Relax
Travel
Save money
Let go of people who make me unhappy (any tips?)

Do you have goals (whoever is reading this, who are you?)? What are you willing to do in 2020 to achieve your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment